Monday, October 26, 2009

Pumpkin Swirl Brownies

Yes, you read that right- Pumpkin Swirl Brownies. Also known as, one-of-the-best-things-that-has-ever-happened-to-a-brownie. In my humble opinion, of course.
Esi sent out a tweet about her post which featured these brownies. I went and looked at the post and decided almost immediately that I was going to make these. I try not to let that happen too much. I try to plan what I am going to bake ahead of time, but every once in awhile something like this jumps out and says "Bake Me NOW!"
I loved these.
You mix up a batter and divide it in half. Melted butter/chocolate gets mixed into one half. Pumpkin, a little oil and spices get mixed into the other half.
Then those 2 batters are layered and swirled. So it is kinda like a cake-y brownie (I like those better) and a moist, pumpkin cake mixed together. Not kinda like, that is what it is.

I underbaked these just a tad, because I didn't want either part to be dry. Then I refrigerated them overnight and took them to playgroup in the morning.
They were perfect.
*note- the recipe calls for cayenne pepper- I left this out, even though it was a small amount because I was going to be taking them to playgroup. I want to try them again with the cayenne.

Recipe for Pumpkin-Swirl Brownies on Dishing Up Delights

Recipe for Pumpkin-Swirl Brownies from Everyday Food

One Year Ago- Root Vegetable Pot Pie with Phyllo Crust

11 comments:

Meghan said...

These look delicious!!! You swirled them beautifully! I have a pumpkin brownie post scheduled for tomorrow, but it doesn't actually have pumpkin in it!

Barbara said...

Almost looks like fudge and pumpkin- that's how moist they are.

Barbara Bakes said...

These look perfect for the upcoming holidays!

Esi said...

Yum! Now I want to make them again!

Anonymous said...

Man. I thought I was sick of making pumpkin things, but these brownies just sound too good and are too pretty to pass up. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

mmmm send me some!

Jamie said...

What a great looking brownie. I love the swirls of chocolate and pumpkin. I've never had that combination before. I'm printing out this recipe and giving them a try. They would be perfect for holiday get togethers. Thanks for sharing.

betty geek said...

Great idea to combine pumpkin and chocolate! Love it!

Chocolate Shavings said...

Those brownies looks so scrumptious!

Steph said...

I was going to make these last year when I saw them. Maybe I'll give them a try from the leftover pumpkin puree leftover from the holiday bundt for TWD. I don't think my swirls will look as pretty as yours though!

Deborah said...

These look just heavenly!