Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake with Buttermilk Icing

So, have you visited The Food Librarian's blog lately? If you have then you know exactly what is going on over there. If you haven't, you are really missing out!
Mary is doing something called I like Big Bundts: 30 Days of Bundt Cakes, meaning that for the 30 days leading up to National Bundt Day, November 15th, she is spotlighting 30 different bundt cakes. 30 Days=30 Bundt Cakes.
I went over to take a look at Day #1's Bundt and it just happened to be this beautiful Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake with Buttermilk Icing. This bundt cake was calling my name.
I didn't have anywhere to take it. I didn't necessarily have anyone to share it with, but I couldn't resist whipping it up, right then and there.
The day was perfect for it- rainy, cloudy and cold. No one wanted to leave the house. The oven warmed us up and the smell brought happiness to the house.

It smelled amazing. It was super moist. I upped the spices just a little bit. The little drizzle of icing was perfect.
This might just be one of my favorite cakes-EVER! I didn't want to share. I cut everyone a small slice and then I wrapped it up tightly in plastic wrap and put it in a plastic container so that we wouldn't eat the whole thing in one day.

I can usually just have a taste of something I bake and that is good enough. I send it away for someone else to enjoy.
But this was different.
I ate only salad for lunch and dinner on the day I made this, so I could justify having another slice after dinner.

Are you convinced yet? If you like pumpkin anything, make this cake!

Maria made a version with chocolate chips and everyone who tried it loved it too!


Food Librarian's post about Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake

Recipe for Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake with Buttermilk Icing

One Year Ago-Thai Peanut Noodles with Tofu and Edamame

15 comments:

Barbara said...

One good pumpkin recipe after another! This cake looks so moist and delicous. The buttermilk icing is unusual..I've never made it. Looks perfect with your cake.

Meghan said...

WOW - you're favorite cake ever??? I have to make this! It looks so moist and spicy. I got a bundt pan for Christmas last year and still haven't used it - I think this would be a great way to break it in :)

Prudy said...

Oh, what a fun idea. I love the sound of this cake. Yum!

The Food Librarian said...

Whoo Hoo! So pretty! Thanks for the shout out and making this awesome Bundt!!! :) - mary

Maria said...

Your cake looks incredible! I loved this one!

Anonymous said...

Mary has inspired me to make a bundt too. This one looks yummy. Although, I probably will wait a couple weeks before I use pumpkin again. :P

Sweet as Coco said...

There is no better smell in the kitchen than pumpkin spice! Love the icing dripping down the sides! I don't have a bundt pan...I wonder if this would work in a different pan?

Kasey said...

I was just eyeing this recipe on Epicurious. Looks amazing! I just made a pumpkin tea cake myself--next time, I'm throwing on a glaze. :)

Sook said...

I'm bookmarking the recipe. The butter milk icing - I've never tried it and I am sure it is great! I can't wait to try it.

Christy said...

Wow-another fantastic pumpkin recipe! Your cake looks delicious and the icing is not only intriguing made with buttermilk, but perfectly completes your cake. This is must try! Thanks.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i have been drooling over mary's bundts (hehe), and now i drool over this one, too!

Unknown said...

The pumpkin cake looks so delicious.
I will be making the Buttermilk Icing on my Pumpkin Cake for Thanksgiving.

Have a great Halloween.

Anonymous said...

I love anything with pumpkin and your pumpkin bundt looks fabulous! I'm afraid I'd keep this home all to myself too... =)

Sarah said...

This one really caught my eye on Mary's blog, too. It looks so yummy and moist, and perfect! I'm definitely adding this one to the (ever-expanding) list! Beautiful job!

vicki said...

I made this cake last night and it was RIDICULOUS! So moist and the flavor was superb! The grocery store was out of allspice so I subbed nutmeg and it is so good. BEST. CAKE. EVER. !