Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mint-filled Brownie Cupcakes

Okay, we have almost made it to the end of the 7-treat baking day treats. Just one more after today.
I chose these Mint-filled Brownie cupcakes because I needed to make something chocolately, they are super easy-you mix them in one pan, and once again, the single servings were already in the recipe.
These are a basic brownie batter with a York Peppermint Patty in the middle.
The recipe comes from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes. Which I can honestly say I have gotten great use out of so far.
You can find this recipe all over the web, just by typing in Mint-filled Brownie Cupcakes and I have linked to one of those posts if you want the recipe and for some reason do not have this cookbook yet (It is a good one!)

Martha says to melt the chocolate and butter together over a pot of simmering water, but I didn't do that. When I was young, we always made brownies in a pot on the stovetop. Yes, the pot was right on the heat. It worked every time. I figured it would work this time and it did. I saved an extra dish from having to be washed.
Go ahead and do it her way if you want, but just know that it works the other way too.

Make sure you completely cover the peppermint patty with batter, so it won't leak through.
I doubled this recipe and my kids actually had to taste test these. They were a hit.

I was thinking they might be good with other kinds of candy in the middle too, but didn't have time to experiment.


Recipe for Mint-filled Brownie Cupcakes

One Year Ago- Caramel Peanut-topped Brownie Cake

19 comments:

Eliana said...

These look great. I especially love the surpise in the center.

Lisanne Boling said...

I am really enjoying all your finger friendly recipes of late. Everything looks very yummy!

Daniela said...

Sei bravissima con i dolci, complimenti.
Ciao Daniela.

Delicious Dishings said...

Yum! I haven't tried these yet... so many others from that book though!

And they definitely would work with other candies... I made brownies with a layer of Ghirardelli caramel-filled squares not too long ago - amazing!

Unknown said...

These look wonderful!! We also did brownies right on the stove sometimes and it does work. Can't wait to try them!

Bella Baker said...

Those sound incredible and they look so moist and fudgy. Yum!

Barbara Bakes said...

I like the idea of a brownie cupcake! They look fudgy and delicious!

Errin said...

Can you send one my way. Thanks :)

Jamie said...

Wow, that is my kind of brownie. My family would love this. Not only do we love brownies, we love peppermint patties.

Lori said...

I love chocolate mint combination. These would be such a hit.

Gala said...

I love anything that is chocolate and mint, practically crazy about this combo and these sound like a perfect way to put them together!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

mmm...how could these not have been a hit?! they sound divine...and look so choco-minty inside!

Debbie said...

I love Brownies! And these look like a good one to take to a potluck or anywhere you have to take a food item to. I am going to try them on ME first1 Can't wait!

Lauren said...

Love the sound of these!! Brownies, with mint in the middle? Perfect!

Marie Rayner said...

Oh gosh, those look decadently delicious!

Barbara said...

Those look really dense and rich... I love the mint surprise. Also a plus that it's all done in one pan.

Katie said...

Wow these sound fantastic

Anonymous said...

I need one of these. Mint and chocolate is yummy!

Unknown said...

Mint and chocolate is one of my favorite combos ever so I can't wait to give these a shot! I'm loving Martha's cupcake book too!