Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesdays with Dorie- Caramel-Peanut-Topped Brownie Cake

tammy of wee treats by tammy chose this weeks Tuesday's with Dorie recipe. So go to her blog because you are going to want to make this huge homemade candy bar at home. Yes, that is what it tasted like, not any candy bar in particular but the caramel, and the peanuts, and the chocolate, well it was candy bar-ish. Mine kind of looks like peanuts swimming in caramel sauce because I just kept spooning more and more of the caramel on top. When I cut it, the caramel went everywhere! Sort of messy, but no one seemed to mind. Luckily, my brother was visiting and we were having a family dinner, so the whole thing went down in one sitting, with everyone getting only one serving. I think this is the first time that Dorie's serving suggestion has actually worked out. Usually her serving sizes are way too big, but this time it was perfect. We served it with a little Cool Whip and everyone enjoyed it. Now I just have to find something to do with the leftover caramel- that shouldn't be too difficult.

Go see what every one else did this week by checking out the Tuesday's with Dorie blogroll

Oh, and don't forget to come back tomorrow to see my debut pie for You Want Pies with That?, I am not going to say that my pie is going to win, but let me just tell you that it is going to be hard to beat- That thing was delicious!




27 comments:

Maria said...

Great photos! I love the close ups! I am sure I would love this cake, brownies are my favorite and the caramel peanut topping looks like a killer! I better add it to my list.

Anonymous said...

Wow! These look divine!

chocolatechic said...

Your nuts are perfection.

Sarah said...

looks gorgeous! great job!

Cathy said...

Oh, your pictures!! They are stunning! No wonder this went in one sitting! I can't wait to read about your pie tomorrow.

Steph said...

I should've put more caramel on mine, which hardened a lot actually. Carmel is so yummy isn't it.. I can't stop dipping my fingers in the bowl! And the pictures are great!!

CB said...

I served mine with ice cream but I bet the cool whip was a nice "lighter" side too. I'll have to do that next time! Great job!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

The Blonde Duck said...

I can't wait to see what pie you make!

Flourchild said...

Wow your cake turned out perfect. I love the peanut topping! Great pictures!!

Jenny said...

Alright, your pictures are out of control! They are fabulous and have me drooling like a baby! Great job Mary Ann!

~Kimberly said...

Yours looks so perfect! Great job!

vibi said...

Beautiful, beautiful!!!
There are so many kitchens in which I would have loved to be when all those cakes came out of the oven... for sure, yours is one of them!
Bravo!

Engineer Baker said...

Mmm... giant candy bar... And what are you talking about? My pie is pretty darned awesome too, just you wait :)

Marie Rayner said...

OH that looks so good MaryAnn, especially with the whipped cream on top. I keep telling myself I must come here more often. You make and photograph the most delicious food!!!

Aggie said...

Holy peanuts and chocolate! I'm in heaven! This looks unbelievable Mary Ann!

Kimberly Johnson said...

Beautiful job!

Alexa said...

Gorgeous, mouthwatering cake! You guys actually eat all the yummy desserts you post so often? You must have great genes. This is one beautiful dessert.

Prudy said...

No wonder you didn't end up with leftovers-it looks fab. What are you doing with your leftover caramel? I'm itching to make popcorn with it, but then again, I'm also needing a wee break from the decadence.

LyB said...

So much drippy caramel, I can't take it! Your cake is beautiful!

The Food Librarian said...

So yummy! My topping sorta oozed over too, but it was tasty all the same!

Tammy said...

your cake looks great! I am looking forward to seeing your pie tomorrow too! thanks for making my pick

Alexa said...

Mary Ann,
I think it's fantastic that you bake so much. As an avid reader, I love seeing the beautiful results. I think the key to enjoying such delicious dishes as a food blogger is, like you said, keeping up with exercising. I would love to have my family near by to share our meals. I am so happy for you that you do. :-)

kimberly salem said...

it was definitely a giant candy bar! :) wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

We had a caramel/lava flow, too when the cake was cut. Glad you all enjoyed it so much.

Shari said...

Your cake glistens! Looks great!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Oooh, Mary Ann, that cake looks amazing! I'll bet it disappeared in a flash. With my borderline scorched caramel, my cake tasted like a Heath bar. I ate the extra caramel by the spoonful, actually.
Nancy

AmyRuth said...

Wow your cake looks great! Nice job. I used my leftover caramel in a little apple pot de caramel. Turned out pretty tasty I think. Photos are great.
AmyRuth