Tuesday, October 28, 2008

TWD-Chocolate-Chocolate Cupcakes

Clara of I heart food 4 thought chose this week's Tuesday's with Dorie recipe and I think I know why- They are the only cupcakes in the book! She has another really cute blog- I heart cuppycakes- dedicated to, yes, you guessed it, cupcakes. Get this recipe from her 1st blog I mentioned or go to THIS POST from a few months ago when I made these cupcakes because I had some leftover praline paste and ganache from a Daring Bakers challenge. The first time, I frosted them with Praline Buttercream and filled them with leftover ganache. TO DIE FOR!
I wasn't going to make these again just becuase I made them so recently, but then I needed to make some goodies for my husband to take to work and these were fairly simple, so I whipped them up. This time I used marshmallow fluff for the filling, but should have used more. I also used the ganache topping called for in the recipe.
I let my girls split one and the rest were whisked away.
Honestly, I thought they were amazing when I topped them with the praline buttercream and filled them with ganache, but this time they just weren't as tasty. They were still good, but the ganache wasn't my favorite for the topping.
I didn't have any problems with them turning out dry-both times I made them, they were moist and delicious, with great crumb.
Go check the Tuesday's with Dorie blogroll to see all the other cupcakes- you might just see some spooky ones!




Coming tomorrow- Daring Baker's Pizza-- 7 ways

25 comments:

Jenny said...

Whoa, I am in chocolate heaven! Those are gorgeous Mary Ann! Lovely pics too!

Shelby said...

:) Hey, I have those purple sprinkles. lol

Your cupcakes look great, I would love to try each and everyone of them, but especially that last one. YUMMM

Sarah said...

The look delicious! Great job!

Prudy said...

Ooh they look so good, and that praline buttercream would trump just about anything. I didn't use her glaze, just made a chocolate buttercream. Can't wait to see your pizza.

The Food Librarian said...

Wow! so many choices and toppings! all look delicious!

Cathy said...

Oh, the sugar crystals on top look irresistible -- actually, all of yours do! I wish mine were moist. I am sure I did something wrong -- maybe I need to start weighing my flour? But there is just nothing more fun than cupcakes, is there?

Maria said...

Both versions sound great to me!! Glad you made them again!

vibi said...

Love, love, love the sugar sparkles! Beautiful, Marry Ann.

CB said...

Mmmm... praline buttercream. That sounds delicious. I'll have to get the recipe from your other post. I filled mine with marshmallow fluff too and it was amazing. Thanks for baking with me this week!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

chocolatechic said...

Praline buttercream???

Oh...my...goodness...

I am so there!

kimberly salem said...

yum, they look wonderful! the praline frosting sounds so delicious. sorry you didn't like the glaze as much, but now you know ;)

Engineer Baker said...

See, I should have thought of using my leftover praline buttercream like that! They look wonderful. And pizza 7 ways?! I'm looking forward to seeing that...

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Mary Ann, they look great both ways - I'd take either type happily. I do think that filling them helped. I used mocha. And don't feel too bad about not being in GA - we're getting a real freeze tonight, so I'm taking in my herbs this afternoon.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

These look delicious. The praline buttercream sounds delicious for these muffins.

Kirsten said...

I think they look great, but I remember seeing the last post (with the praline buttercream) and thinking those were to die for.

Anonymous said...

I bet they were great filled with ganache. Yum.

The Blonde Duck said...

Love the purple sprinkles!

Anne said...

I love the praline buttercream, it looks amazing! Great job!

Steph said...

I like how you filled yours with marshmallow fluff. Is that something you buy from the store or do you make it? I was thinking of filling cupcakes next time, but I wanted something lighter instead of a filling it up with more butter.. haha.

I like how you piped the frosting, it is so pretty!

Pamela said...

They look beautiful! I really want to try these again with the fluff inside. That's just such a good idea.

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

I am loving all these chocolate cupcakes.

Alexa said...

Gorgeous cupcakes... I would love to have those pretty treats for dessert.
I look forward to tomorrow: DB pizza 7 ways a la Mary Ann... Wow, I can't wait!

Audrey and the Boys said...

I made these tonight and they are the best chocoloate cupcakes I have ever had. Thanks for passing along the recipe. Scott even liked them and you know how those boys are hard to please!!

Unknown said...

Your cupcakes are so pretty! I love your photos!

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous, as always! I love the praline buttercream! That looks out of control!!!