Thursday, October 29, 2009

CEiMB-Pumpkin Pie Muffins


I wasn't expecting much from this week's CEiMB recipe, Pumpkin Pie Muffins, which was chosen by OddBall Oven Mitt.
You can find the recipe by clicking on the link at the bottom of this post.
I was pleasantly surprised by these muffins- they were much better than I thought they would be. I have made lots of muffins and sometimes making them healthy, means that they turn out with wierd texture or something else.
Not these. They were really delicious. The combination of pumpkin puree, molasses, and lowfat buttermilk, makes a really yummy treat.
I made 1/2 batch and sprinkled mine with roasted, salted pepitas. I also added a little bit more spice than the recipe suggested.

I was really surprised by how high these muffins became in the oven. The tallest muffins I have ever made by far.

My kids, my mom, and I really liked these. I should have made a full batch.
If you want a fall-ish, pumpkin-y treat that you can feel good about eating- these are the ones!

Check out the CEiMB Blogroll to see what everyone else thought about these muffins!

Recipe for Pumpkin Pie Muffins


9 comments:

Delicious Dishings said...

These look just like the pumpkin muffins we make at the bakery I work at, pepitas and all. I'm sure they're just as delicious too!

Sara said...

They look great, and I agree they got really big in the oven. Sometimes it is good to have low expectations and you get a surprise this like :)

Joanne said...

You're so right. They were tall! It didn't really dawn on me until I read that.
They look super. We loved the taste of these muffins.

Peggy said...

Yours are beautiful with the pepitas on top! Thanks for stopping by. I feel so out of touch lately. We loved these muffins and you are right - they were tall. Have a safe and happy halloween!

Anonymous said...

Great looking muffins. Love the pepitas on top.

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are beautiful. I loved the smell, taste, everything about these muffins. Had to give them out of the office before it turned into a muffin disaster...

Anonymous said...

I'm always a little weary of "healthy muffins" as well, but these were delicious and didn't taste healthy at all!

Pamela said...

Love that last shot of the muffin in the hands of your daughter! I really enjoyed these, too. Just had one this afternoon and it was so yummy!

Maria Salomon said...

Your pictures are always wonderful!
Your muffins came out beautiful.....I left off the pumpkin seeds but def. want to try them next batch.
I too was very pleasantly surprised by this recipe!