Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Gingerbread Bars and Chocolate Chip & Peanut Blondies

Here are 2 more of the desserts I made a couple of weeks ago. I chose both of these recipes because they were bar cookies which mixed up quickly and could be easily transported.
Both of these recipes came from the same issue of Bon Appetit as the Lemon Cheesecake Squares from yesterday.
One of the fun little extras they included with this set of bar cookie recipes was a page called "Fun Cuts for Bar Cookies" which showed other ways to cut and serve these cookies, rather than the same old squares.
Both of these bars were extremely popular and the recipes were requested by the people who tried them.
I made the gingerbread bars in a 10x13-inch jelly roll pan simply because that is all I had that was clean at the time. They were really good. Because I cut them into rounds, there were scraps leftover that my kids and I were able to sample.
These were somewhere inbetween a cookie and cake, so they had great texture and flavor.
Definitely will make this again.
My mom also made these and in one of the batches she accidentally left out the molasses and she said they still tasted good, so there you have it!
I didn't get to try these Blondies, but the woman sitting next to me at the event they were served at said they were delicious.
The recipe called for golden brown sugar and I used dark because I had some of it hanging out in the pantry. I was a little worried that they would brown too quickly, but they turned out fine.
Both of these were definite crowd pleasers!

Recipe for Gingerbread Bars

Recipe for Chocolate Chip and Peanut Blondies


One Year Ago-Pear Dutch Baby and Sourdough Stuffing with Sausage and Pears

11 comments:

Barbara Bakes said...

I love the idea of cutting bar cookies into different shapes! Great picture in the three little dishes!

Daniela said...

Buoni questi biscotti, eccelente la presentazione.
Ciao Daniela.

Bella Baker said...

You are awesome!! Both of these bars look delicious!

Megan said...

I love gingerbread and can't wait to try this version as well. And I like the idea of cutting out circles instead of squares.

Barbara said...

That's a dandy little pairing! I love the shapes and the way you have plated them- the photograph is perfect.

Soy*Baby said...

Gingerbread bars. Yummy. I'm going to have to make those. I love the picture.

La Bella Cooks said...

They both look amazing and so fun to eat when presented like in the photos!

Katrina said...

De-lish to both! I'm so behind on all my favorite blog readings! But I just skimmed a bunch of your recent posts and I just think your photos are GREAT and your food is all so yummy!

Maria said...

Great treats! I want to try those gingerbread bars-maybe for the holidays this year!

Anonymous said...

Those are great treats! I've made the blondies and I know that they are delicious.

Pamela said...

Yum! These are some very good blondies. I liked the peanuts in them. I've been wanting to try the gingerbread bars, too. They look so good!