Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Gingerbread Sandwich Cookies


I saw this recipe in a magazine a year or 2 ago and thought it would be a really fun one for kids to try for Halloween.
One saturday, I mixed up the dough and chilled it.
This dough was very sticky and somewhat difficult to roll-out and cut with cookie cutters.
I let my kids choose a couple of different shapes that they wanted to decorate and then I just rolled the rest of the cookie dough into balls, and baked them.

The cookies were not too sweet. They had a nice flavor, which my kids really liked. The frosting was just cream cheese and marshmallow fluff, so it wasn't overly sweet either.
I used the leftover frosting on these pumpkin cupcakes and also to frost/drizzle on these pumpkin cinnamon rolls.
These were a definite hit! My kids really liked them and we had fun decorating together.
Have fun celebrating Halloween tonight! I am hoping the rain will let up for trick or treating later.

Recipe for Halloween Gingerbread Sandwich Cookies

9 comments:

Kayte said...

Those are so cute! I love how you decorated them, so simply and it really shows off the cookie. Those sandwich cookies with that icing...dangerous things. Very nice.

Prudy said...

Happy Halloween. Those are adorable!

Meghan said...

Very cute!!! I love gingerbread!

Stephanie said...

They look SO fun, not to mention delicious!! So marshmallow fluff & cream cheese...that's simple enough!! Thanks for sharing!!

Sweet as Coco said...

These are so cute! I love the sandwich cookies! yum!

Pamela said...

I love gingersnaps and gingerbread. It's the perfect cookie for tea on a cold day. Well...actually, any cookie for me is the perfect cookie with tea on ANY day. But still, these look great!

Cathy said...

I hope you all had a fun Halloween! These cookies sound delicious and look adorable! I'd leave the Halloween candy in the bag and grab another one of these cookies.

Kerstin said...

What cute cookies! I hope your kids enjoyed Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Cute cookies!