Monday, October 5, 2009

Lemon Cheesecake Squares with Fresh Berries

This is another dessert, one of the 7, that I made for a church gathering a couple of weeks ago.
Since I was making so many desserts in one day, I was looking for recipes that were fairly quick, but still had the flavors and taste that people would want.
Everybody loves cheesecake and I remembered a section of recent issue of Bon Appetit that featured bar cookies. Perfect for this type of baking madness!
I got out my trusty 3-ring binder full of torn out recipes from magazines and was able to find the bar cookie recipes in no time.
These little cheesecake bars needed to set up in the fridge, so I threw them together the night before.
I didn't use the recipe for the crust because I had graham cracker crumbs instead of graham crackers, so I just winged it. (I don't keep graham crackers in the house ever. They are too good dipped in milk and I have absolutely no self control when it comes to graham crackers.They are an absolute no-no for me.)
These bars couldn't be simpler and they have great cheesecake taste with lemon flavor. They were very popular. I doubled the recipe and cut them into small squares, so they ended up serving quite a few people.
Perfect if you need a make-ahead dessert that will please a crowd!



Recipe for Lemon Cheesecake Squares with Fresh Berries

One Year Ago-Fall Pear Galette

14 comments:

Meghan said...

These are so cute, and I love that little plate of yours!

Eliana said...

These squares look fantastic!

My name is Michelle. said...

yum!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, can you email me april@gowithimg.com to talk more about your recipe..Thanks!

Joyce said...

Wish I had one right now:)
Joyce

Megan said...

Lemon and Cheesecake? Oh yes - I'll be making those for sure!

Unknown said...

sold. I seriously am craving that now. Why can't we live somewhere that berries grow all year long instead of having to pay 50 dollars for a little pint? Wouldn't that just make cooking even better to alwayss have fresh produce??!!

Reeni said...

These look incredibly delicious! Especially with those giant berries perched on top!

Kerstin said...

I can't have Oreos in the house because I have no self control, which means I can never make Oreo crusts!

Love these cheesecake bars, they look so good!

Olive said...

I love cheesecakes, this looks really yummy and really simple to make..

Anne said...

Wow those look awesome Mary Ann (and the cookies above do too!)

Delicious Dishings said...

Ooh... I made these too. They are delicious! Even my dad, who's a chef, was impressed. The cheesecake is so creamy! Love your pics.

Aggie said...

Another cute plate! I love the way lemon goes with fresh berries, this sounds delicious!

Cindy said...

I have been out of town for a week (Disney World), what a fun surprise to check my google reader and see so many fun treats!! I think I must try all of them. I understand your feelings toward graham crackers. Trader Joes has a graham 'crack'er that is out of this world. If we had Trader Joes in Utah it would be dangerous! I like how you cut the ginger bars in circles--great idea. A fun way to mix up a cookie tray. The mint brownie looks delish and I have yet to meet a blondie I didn't like. Thanks again for some fun ideas. I do enjoy your blog