Friday, October 16, 2009

Lemon-Garlic Shrimp

What a busy morning! Do you ever just feel like you are running around and before you know it, it is lunchtime?

Anyway- on to today's food- Shrimp.

I have mentioned before how much my kids and husband love shrimp and fish. We finally got around to trying crawfish (that is a for another day) and when we were at the seafood counter, my kids were pointing out the things they want to try next- scallops, clams, mussels and the tiny salad shrimp.
I am glad that they are so adventurous.
I had some shrimp left in the freezer and we were going to have a busy night, so I marinated the shrimp for a little bit and cooked it up right before we got in the car to go somewhere.
I gave everyone a plastic container filled with these shrimp and some steamed asparagus. Everyone also got a fork and we were off.

This recipe originally calls for the shrimp to be soaked in a salt/sugar mixture and then rinsed, skewered and grilled.
I skipped the salt soak and marinated my shrimp in the lemon-mixture for about an hour. Then I just cooked my shrimp in a little bit of olive oil, in a saute pan. They were ready in a matter of minutes. Nothing complicated or strange here.
Easy flavors and easy preparation.
My family loved it.



Recipe for Lemon-Garlic Shrimp

One Year Ago-Slider Caesar Salad and Veggie Manicotti

8 comments:

Delicious Dishings said...

Lemon-garlic shrimp - yum! I never eat shrimp at home anymore since I live with my boyfriend now and he's deathly allergic to all shellfish. :o( I love looking at your pictures of it though! Reminds me of shrimp scampi. And maybe I'll give the recipe a try when he's not around.

Sophie said...

I think it's awesome that your kids are such healthy eaters, and that they love fish! I'll take shrimp any day, but I have a horrible habit of over-cooking it :/.

Cindy said...

Hubby just returned from an Alaskan fishing adventure. He brought home fresh salmon, halibut and shrimp. I'll give this recipe a try. Looks yummy!

Amy I. said...

Lemon and garlic on anything is the perfect combo, in my opinion. This looks delicious!

Karine said...

That is so great that your kids love seafood and fish! I love tour recipe, it sounds delicious.

Anonymous said...

I'm always running around trying to get things I need done, done (and I don't have kids!). Don't know how you do it.
Your dish looks great and I like the lemon/garlic flavor combo.

Unknown said...

Shrimp are one of my favorite things to cook! They're so quick and easy and even better, they defrost quickly. I always forget to take meat out to defrost so these save me time and time again. Love the lemon and garlic combo!

Eliana said...

I love, love, love shrimp. And this recipe looks excellent!