Tuesday, April 14, 2009

TWD- 15 Minute Magic: Chocolate Amaretti Torte

This week's Tuesday's with Dorie selection, Chocolate Amaretti Torte, was chosen by Holly, who runs the delicious- Phemomenon. Go to her blog to get the recipe!
The subtitle of this recipe is 15 Minute Magic, meaning that you can blend this cake together in 15 minutes, using the food processor. (It did take me a little longer than that, but not much!) Yeah! I decided to make this the night before Easter and let it sit in the fridge overnight and we had it for dessert on Sunday.
The base of the cake is ground Amaretti cookies and ground almonds, which is combined with chocolate, sugar, eggs and butter.
It has a thick chocolate glaze and almond-flavored whipped cream. If you like chocolate- you will love this cake. If you like almonds- even better.
I thought it was good, but very rich. You can't really eat very much of it at a time and that is a good thing. A few people at the table thought we could've just eaten this for our Easter dinner, because it was so filling. Overall, a nice dessert. Very fancy and formal. Check out the TWD Blogroll to see everyone else's opinion on this chocolately torte!



Coming Tomorrow- What we had for Vegan Tuesday- Red Lentil-Cauliflower Curry with Poppy Seed Cornmeal Roti

26 comments:

Steph said...

Gorgeous decoration as usual Mare! It looks delicious.

Marthe said...

It is quite a rich torte! Yours looks really good!!

farah said...

Beautiful! :)

Hindy said...

Your cake looks lovely! I'm with you that it was very rich.

vibi said...

Very nice Mare!
Plus the bunnies, the eggs and the chicks, it was a lot of chocolate for Easter, no?

But yours was probably the best looking ones anyways! LOL

Meghan said...

This is such a beautiful torte! Very chocolatey :)

Leslie said...

This looks gorgeous! I love how it looks with the whipped cream.

Peggy said...

I don't think my glaze is as thick as yours. And your photos are beautiful! It all looks delicious.

Maria said...

Perfect dessert for Easter! Glad everyone enjoyed it!

Cathy said...

Glad everyone liked this. I agree that it is really rich! Yours looks totally gorgeous as always! I hope you had a happy Easter!

chocolatechic said...

Oh, your torte looks fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Your torte looks amazing. I like the cookie on top.

Pamela said...

I didn't get to make it, but it does sound really rich. It looks delicious, Mare.

Anonymous said...

Your cake looks great. It was a bit rich for me too. Although I did like the indulgence a bit at a time.

The Blonde Duck said...

Your desserts always look so lovely!

Mumsy said...

Wasn't it fabulous? Your torte looks great--of course. :)

Anonymous said...

Your glaze looks beautifully thick! Nice plating, too!

The Food Librarian said...

Your torte looks fantastic! I skipped the whipped cream...yours looks so light and delicious!

Unknown said...

Beautiful torte! It was a bit too rich for me, but like you said, that's a good thing as I hardly ate any of it :)

Marie Rayner said...

That looks amazing Mary Ann. I opted out of this one, but am now wishing I hadn't!

Eliana said...

Your torte looks great. I love the natural light photos.

Jennifer said...

I agree, it was super rich. Which is good in that I could only eat a thin slice, but I wonder how many calories that one thin slice was? (Oh, and one thin slice times 3 times per day probably really adds up!)

steph- whisk/spoon said...

looks great! very rich, i agree, but so good!

Aggie said...

Oh...I want this now!!! Looks great Mare!!

TeaLady said...

Ah, that looks fantastic. Fudgey! Moist! Delicious!

Teanna said...

I would TOTALLY skip easter dinner to have a piece of that cake!