Saturday, April 18, 2009

Feta-Stuffed Tomatoes

This recipe caught my eye recently in a Southern Living Magazine. I love tomatoes and feta and fresh herbs and I just thought this recipe looked really fresh and delicious. We had it on the side with dinner and everyone really enjoyed it.
I think the most important thing for this recipe is to make sure you use ripe and flavorful tomatoes. Since they are the star of the star here, they have to be good.
I hope everyone has a great weekend. My husband flew in late last night for a quick weekend visit, so I am making this short and sweet!


Feta-Stuffed Tomatoes from Southern Living
Prep: 15 min., Bake: 15 min.
4 large tomatoes
4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil (I used 1 Tbls)
Cut 4 large tomatoes in half horizontally. Scoop out pulp from each tomato half, leaving shells intact; discard seeds and coarsely chop pulp.
Stir together pulp; 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese; 1/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs; 2 tablespoons chopped green onions; 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley; and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium bowl.
Spoon mixture evenly into tomato shells, and place in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. (I sprayed the dish with cooking spray). Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Garnish with Italian parsley sprigs, if desired.


Up on Monday- Red Curry Falafel

7 comments:

Jaime and Jen DISH said...

OH MY GOSH!!! These look devine. I'm going to try this recipet his Sunday for dinner....looks truly, TRULY amazing!

Bravo!

Jenifer
J&J DISH

Jaime and Jen DISH said...

FYI, I went to the store and bought all the stuff I needed to make these bad boys... Can't wait. Thanks again!

Jenifer

Aggie said...

I would gobble these up! Love it! Great recipe!

Anonymous said...

Your tomatoes look wonderful! I really need to go to your house for dinner. You always serve delicious sounding dishes.

Meghan said...

These look fantastic! And I have some feta I have to use up!!

Pamela said...

Whoa...these look good! I love feta and tomatoes. Yummy!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Don't you love it when fresh tomatoes are really in season? This looks like such a delicious and healthy way to prepare them.
Nancy