Tuesday, June 29, 2010

TWD-Lemon-Drenched Mini Cakes

This Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was chosen by Wendy of Pink Stripes. You can find the recipe on her blog, along with lots of other delicious recipes. I have made multiple recipes from Wendy's blog and love it.

I made these when I was taking dinner to someone who had just had a baby.

I completely omitted the rum from the cake and the syrup. I added 1/2 tsp of lemon extract to the syrup and the cakes.
I made 1/2 of the recipe, which made 6 mini bundts, and they were done baking in about 19 minutes.

I got to taste a crumb of this cake because my kids got to the mini bundt I left for us to try before I could get a real bite.
They loved it.

I loved how easy it was to make. Definitely one that you could throw together at the last minute.

Check out who else loved this recipe by visiting the TWD Bakers!



15 comments:

Kayte said...

Oh, I love these as mini bundts...what a great idea! Going there with this soon. The cake was a hit here...well, we didn't let the kids have any with all that rum and all, but we sure enjoyed it!

Unknown said...

These are quite adorable

Bella Baker said...

Love your minis! I really must get myself a mini bundt pan! I guess its a good sign when your kids devour the whole thing!

Kimberly Johnson said...

Love your minis!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

you need to make them again so you can get a cake to yourself--delicious! :)

Delicious Dishings said...

As you well know, I love anything mini. These cakes are adorable. I've been looking for a good lemon cake recipe.

Eliana said...

Any easy to make and bake recipe that is also gobbled up quickly is always a winner in my book :)

Paula said...

Lemon sounds delicious. I want to try that next time. And I agree they were easy to make.

Cupcake Crazy Gem said...

I love the mini bundts! how cute...and the thought of 'lemon drenched' makes me drool! if you want to enter my giveaway head on over to my blog :)

Hindy said...

This was such a versatile recipe - mini-bundts, mini-loaves - everything worked. A delicious recipe!

Tia said...

lemon is lovely!

TeaLady said...

adorable little minies. A crumb. That's all. Make it again. You need to taste more.

Anonymous said...

Um... I hope you had more than a crumb! They look so wonderful as mini's! I completely agree - they were the easiest... no mixer needed... the best!

mike
twd blog:
web.me.com/mikejdunlap

spike. said...

so cute- love the lemon version

Susan said...

Lemon is so wonderful in baked goods. :) Your mini bundts look great!