Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mahi-Mahi with Macadamia Nut Crust & Braised Kale with Cherry Tomatoes


A couple of weeks ago when we were grocery shopping, my daughter wanted to try the "rainbow" fish. She said that because the package that contained the mahi-mahi had a pretty, colorful picture on it. It was on sale, so I decided we could try it.
I love nut-crusted fish andI had already marked this recipe to try in my Mayo Clinic Cookbook. I decided to pair it with the kale because that is what the cookbook suggested.

The fish was delicious and really easy to prepare. My whole family really loved it.
The cooking method for the kale was nothing new to me since I cook dark greens this way all the time. I removed some of the kale from the pan before I added the tomatoes though, since my husband doesn't like tomatoes at all.

Another great healthy dinner. I love the Mayo Clinic cookbook and the great thing is that you can find most of the recipes online at mayoclinic.com.


Recipe for Mahi-mahi with Macadamia Nut Crust


Recipe for Braised Kale with Cherry Tomatoes

2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

This looks wonderful. This is my first visit here and I really like what I've found. I planned only to say hello and then move on, but I was lured by your earlier recipes and stayed far longer than I planned. I be back as often as I can to see what else you've been cooking. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Kelley said...

I love going to the store and getting inspiration for dinner. Today we discovered crawfish/crayfish/Missouri mud bugs at the seafood counter. I bought some, and came home and made jambalaya for dinner with crawfish on the side. We had a blast pulling them apart and digging out the meat. I did have to laugh, though, when my husband got to the table, and questioned me about what the bugs were doing on the table. Crawfish really do look like little bugs, especially when they're in a pile on a plate. :) What a fun dinner! And quite tasty!