Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Butter-Almond-Crusted Fishwiches


This is what I made the night my son told me I should open a restaurant. This sandwich is the reason my son thinks I am amazing. Well, one of the reasons.


I saw this recipe in Everyday with Rachael Ray and thought it would be a good dinner. The kids love fish and I want to like slaw. The fact the the slaw here uses dijon mustard, dill pickle relish, a little honey & oil, (none of that gross white stuff), made me very hopeful.

I decided to follow the recipe as closely as I could. (Of course, I had to get rid of some of the fat, like the butter which I reduced almost to nothing to cook the fish in).
I bought some freshly baked Italian sandwich bread from a local bakery and got to work.

I used fresh breadcrumbs, which I made with whole wheat bread, in the breading.

The combination of flavors was really great. The fresh thyme stood out. The almonds in the breading were really delicious.

My kids and hubby raved about this. I really like it too.

I don't really know what else to say about it besides it was absolutely fantastic. Definite repeat.

Recipe for Butter-Almond- Crusted Fishwiches * I used 1 Tbls of oil in the slaw
and 1 1/2 Tbls dijon mustard
* I made my own breadcrumbs, using 3 pieces of whole wheat bread
* I didn't use the all that butter when cooking the fish



6 comments:

Linda said...

Yum! But since we don't fancy tilapia, I may have to use cod or halibut...still.....yum!

Unknown said...

Looks delicious, I have been wanting to try my hand at a breaded fish sanwich just to mix things up

Unknown said...

Your food always looks so perfect and delicious. I love it

Eliana said...

What an incredible looking sandwich. Wish I was having one for dinner right now.

Candy said...

Your sandwiches look great! I love this recipe and just posted it on my blog too!

Impressionville said...

Sandwichs look amazing. I read your whole blog and really enjoyed it. If you need packaging for sandwiches please visit Impression Ville for the best experience.