Monday, June 7, 2010

Lentil Salad with Walnuts and Scallions

The other day I made Lentil Minestrone (recipe to come), even though some people in my family don't really care for soup and definitely don't want to eat soup in the summer.
I made a comment about it on twitter and Nancy sent me the link for this delicious lentil salad as another way to enjoy lentils that doesn't involve soup.

As soon as I looked at the ingredients I knew that I would love it and quickly put it on the menu for the next week.

I absolutely love lentils. You might think I say I love everything, but there are a few things I don't love.
Lentils are definitely a top 5 food for me though.

When I was mixing up the dressing I realized that I was almost out of olive oil, so I only used about 2 Tbls. It still worked out great.
I loved this salad warm and cold.
I enjoyed the leftovers over salad greens.

Recipe for Lentil Salad with Walnuts and Scallions


3 comments:

Beth (jamandcream) said...

I love lentils too. Just wished hubby had same enthusiasm!! This looks like a great dish - loving the walnuts

~~louise~~ said...

As I was looking for something to pull out of the freezer this morning, I was wishing for a little something different. Lentil Salad sounds perfect!

Thanks for sharing, Mary Ann...

Adriana said...

Very good! In Italy we love to cook with oil, carrot, celery and onion, a little 'tomato,vegetable broth and cook slowly...Greetings from Italy :) Sorry for my English