Saturday, June 19, 2010

Mango Shaved Ice

One of my favorite things about summer, besides the sun, swimming, no school, okay nevermind- I basically love everything about summer!

Anyway, one of my favorite things about summer is all of the fresh fruit and frozen fruit concoctions that you can make as a refreshing treat after being outside in the heat.
These types of treats are our favorite summer desserts.

This is basically the same recipe as the Fresh Mango sauce that I made a couple of months ago to top my brother's b-day cake, but this time the mango puree is frozen.

I actually forgot to stir my mango mixture every 1/2 hour and it still turned out great.
A perfect sweet treat for a hot day.




Mango Shaved Ice by Kathleen Daeleman
3 ripe mangoes- peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
1/4 cup fresh lime juice- more or less, to taste
3 Tbls superfine sugar- more or less, to taste

Puree mango chunks in a blender or food processor until very smooth. Add lime juice and sugar. Pulse to combine.

Pour into a shallow flat baking dish or pan that will fit easily in your freezer. Freeze until frozen through, about 2 hours, stirring every 1/2 hour to break up the ice crystals.
Scrape with a fork and serve.

* She suggests that you can make shaved ice with any pureed fruit you want. Aim for 2 1/2 cups of liquid fruit puree.

8 comments:

Mandie said...

This sounds great -- although I wouldn't call it shave ice. Traditionally, shave ice is ice that's actually been shaved, and then has a syrup poured over it. This is much closer to a granita. Anyway, I can't wait to make this! I will definitely be picking up some mangoes the next time I go shopping.

Diana's Cocina said...

I love anything mango! Sounds delicious.

Eliana said...

The perfect summer treat :)

Unknown said...

Yum!! I love mango and this would be such a fun treat this summer.

Amanda said...

Sounds delicious mare, gave you a stumble!

Anonymous said...

I'm certainly very happy to read this blog site posts which carries plenty of helpful data, thanks for providing such information. shaved ice cups

Best ice shaver said...

Woah!I'am enjoying the reading this website. It's simple,yet effective.I must say you have done a very good job with this.Thanks for sharing.
Best shaved ice machine
commercial shaved ice machine

Jessica said...

best ice shaver machine
best ice shaver machine reviews
best ice shaver for home use
snoopy snow cone machine
commercial snow cone machine
paragon snow cone machine