Friday, August 19, 2011

Thai Summer Slaw

This Thai Summer Slaw from Cooking Light is summer perfection. It combines napa cabbage, zucchini, yellow squash, cucumber, bell peppers, carrots, radishes, jalapeno, and green onions in a light, slightly spicy dressing. It is crunchy, flavorful and completely delicious.

I was planning on making this for a potluck dinner that we were going to attend, but I forgot to buy a lime. I debated going ahead and making it with lemon juice instead, but I decided to wait, buy the lime and follow the recipe. I'm glad I waited! I don't think lemon would have given the dressing the right flavor.

The day I was planning on making this for dinner, I prepped all the veggies (the photo above) and the dressing and kept them in the fridge until I was ready to serve it. Cutting all the veggies took a little bit of time, but getting that out of the way earlier in the day really made this a fast and easy dish to serve. I grilled some tuna steaks to serve along with it and it was a really great dinner.

Here is the recipe for Thai Summer Slaw
* I only added a 3/4 tsp of sugar to the dressing

5 comments:

Meaghan O'Connor @ My Spoonful of Inspiration said...

Wow- the colors all look so beautiful and fresh!

Michele said...

Love these kind of salads! Can't wait to make this.

Anonymous said...

This looks wonderful. I know what I'm making this week.

Cindy said...

Wow, this has got to be a party in the mouth! I do love Thai flavors. Napa is so yummy. This will be on the menu this week. Thanks.

Mary Jolley said...

I've been on a thai salad kick, but I've never tried adding jalapenos- I'm going to try that.