Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Peanut Butter Waffles

I made these waffles almost 2 months ago when my brother and sister were here visiting. I had spotted them before that, but wanted to wait until we had visitors to make them. My sister and brother both love peanut butter, so I knew they would be a welcome breakfast treat.

These waffles were very tasty. The peanut butter flavor was noticeable, but not completely overwhelming. They were really good with bananas and strawberries on top. Now that school is back in session, I can't wait to make a big batch to have for breakfast on a school morning.

Peanut Butter Waffles
from Everyday Food, May 2011

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
2 cups buttermilk (I used low-fat)
2 large eggs
bananas, maple syrup for serving (optional)

Preheat waffle iron. If you want to make all of the waffles before serving, preheat oven to 275 F, set a wire rack inside of a rimmed baking sheet and pop in the oven.

Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. In your blender combine the melted butter and peanut butter, and blend until smooth. Add the buttermilk and eggs and blend to combine. Pour the wet ingredients from the blender over the dry ingredients and stir just until incorporated.

Fill the wells of the waffle iron and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions. You want the waffles golden brown when they're finished. Serve with bananas and maple syrup, if desired. (Transfer the waffles to the wire rack in the oven to keep warm if not serving immediately.)




6 comments:

Erin said...

Any excuse to have peanut butter for Breakfast is fine by me.

Amalia said...

Wow, that looks so delicious! Peanut butter has got to be one of the best things in this world to eat. Great recipe, I'll be trying it out soon :)

Cathy said...

My son has a peanut butter waffle for breakfast EVERY morning (in a rut, perhaps?) -- but it's peanut butter spread on top of a waffle. Peanut butter IN the waffle is downright brilliant. I'm trying these ASAP.

Unknown said...

Oh dear,the dish looks so delicious that my mouth has turned full of water.Awesome recipe.Thanks for the post


affordable rhinoplasty

Julie said...

That's a beautiful looking breakfast, no way I could resist something like that :)

BreAna {Sugar and Spice and All Things Iced} said...

Yum!! I am so excited to try these out! Maybe this weekend!!