Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ina Gartens Fresh Peach Cake

Once again, I present a bad photo, but this cake was delish!
My friend and her 5 children spent the night with us and she had purchased some peaches from a fruit stand. We decided to make this cake for breakfast and it was really good. It is a basic coffeecake batter and I used buttermilk instead of sour cream. You layer the cake batter, sliced peaches and a cinnamon-sugar mixture and then bake the cake. The house smelled absolutely wonderful and we all enjoyed this summer-y breakfast!

Here is the recipe for Fresh Peach Cake
* I used low-fat buttermilk instead of sour cream


3 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

My daughter and future SIL are coming on the long weekend. This would be perfect to showcase our local peaches!

Amalia said...

This looks so good! I love anything with cinnamon and peaches :) Great recipe!

The Food Librarian said...

Mary Ann, How did I miss this on your blog? I would have made it sooner after seeing this. Good to know about the buttermilk sub too! Hope you are doing great. I hope we can meet in person one day too! - mary