Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ina Gartens Fresh Peach Cake

Once again, I present a bad photo, but this cake was delish!
My friend and her 5 children spent the night with us and she had purchased some peaches from a fruit stand. We decided to make this cake for breakfast and it was really good. It is a basic coffeecake batter and I used buttermilk instead of sour cream. You layer the cake batter, sliced peaches and a cinnamon-sugar mixture and then bake the cake. The house smelled absolutely wonderful and we all enjoyed this summer-y breakfast!

Here is the recipe for Fresh Peach Cake
* I used low-fat buttermilk instead of sour cream


bellini said...

My daughter and future SIL are coming on the long weekend. This would be perfect to showcase our local peaches!

Ama said...

This looks so good! I love anything with cinnamon and peaches :) Great recipe!

The Food Librarian said...

Mary Ann, How did I miss this on your blog? I would have made it sooner after seeing this. Good to know about the buttermilk sub too! Hope you are doing great. I hope we can meet in person one day too! - mary