Thursday, August 11, 2011

Double Cookie Dough Ice Cream

I have been meaning to make this ice cream for my husband for a long time. He loves chocolate chip cookies and I knew it would be something that he would love. I don't know why I put it off for so long, but finally, a couple of weeks ago, when we had some friends over for dinner, this ice cream was on the menu for dessert, along with this ice cream.

The reason this is double Cookie Dough Ice Cream is because the ice cream base tastes like cookie dough and there are chunks of chocolate chip cookie dough churned into the ice cream.

This was very popular. It practically disappeared a few minutes after being served. Everyone raved and raved about it and I know that I will be making it again.


Here is the recipe for Double Cookie Dough Ice Cream as seen on Annie' Eats, who used the cookie dough from The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz, ice cream adapted from Joy the Baker

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ummm yeah, pinned to pinterest. AMAZING

Whitney B. said...

Had I known you were making this I would have driven to ATHENS TO GET SOME! Are you KIDDING ME??!?!?!?

Unknown said...

The link to the recipe is not working. :(