Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Mango-Banana Frozen Yogurt



After making that delicious blueberry ice cream on the 4th of July, I realized how easy it is to do at home and how delicious. So, I made this wonderful frozen yogurt. The flavors were wonderful and the texture was amazing! I think I am going to have to do this every week!
Mango-Banana Frozen Yogurt from Cooking Light

1 cup sliced ripe banana
3/4 cup chopped peeled mango
1/3 cup orange juice
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 1/2 cups 2% low-fat milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 (16-ounce) carton vanilla low-fat yogurt

Combine first 4 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Combine banana mixture and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
Pour mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze (ripen) at least 1 hour.

3 comments:

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

This sounds and looks so yummy! I will have to make it next time we get mangoes.

Aggie said...

I guess I'm going to have to go out and buy an ice cream freezer! I've been seeing so many ice cream/frozen yogurt/gelato recipes lately...I've never even thought to try to make my own. You make it sound so easy!

This one sounds delicious!! So summery!

Emily Sherinian said...

Made this 2 days ago and it's gone! So tasty- and I don't feel guilty (and that's worth it's weight in gold.. or gelato!). Thanks for sharing! Will happily take any and all great recipes for guilt-free treats! Thanks (from a friend of Audrey!)