Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bill's Big Carrot Cake Shines Again


I was going to wait a couple of days to post the next few cakes that I made yesterday and today, but I am so excited about them, that I couldn't wait. It is really kinda funny how it happened. Me and my two friends, who happen to be sisters, went to the drive in movie. In the movie, there was a cake. I can't remember who said it, but somehow it came up that I could make a cake like that. My friend said, can you make one for my mom's birthday? I said sure, when is it? She said, in 6 days.

So, that is how this cake was born. I made Bill's Big Carrot Cake in 2 8 by 8-inch cake pans and frosted the middle heavily with the cream cheese frosting and then did a thin layer before I did the fondant. I am happy with the results. I had a little cake leftover so I decided to do a cake for my brother who loooovveesss carrot cake.












4 comments:

Prudy said...

Woman-you have been busy! You're unbelievable! Wow- where do I take lessons to be like you? Those cakes are amazing and those watermelon pops and waffles-you're killing me! Everything is looking so delicious.

PheMom said...

Your cakes look fantastic!

Steph said...

That looks amazing!! You are really creative.

Jaime said...

wow, you're a stellar cake decorator!