Tuesday, November 23, 2010

TWD Rewind- Mini Brown Sugar-Apple Cheesecakes

This week we were given the chance to go back and make any Tuesday's with Dorie recipe that we wanted. I made the Brown Sugar-Apple Cheesecake, but in mini form for a dinner party.

This recipe was the 6th recipe chosen for Tuesday's with Dorie, back in February 2008. It is a wonderful, light cheesecake, flavored with brown sugar & cinnamon which also has apples that are sauteed in butter and brown sugar layered in between the cheesecake.

This cheesecake was amazing. Flavor, texture- everything.
I topped the mini's with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream and they were enjoyed by everyone.

Go check out what everyone else picked to make for this week's Tuesday's with Dorie rewind!


You can find the recipe in many places, like HERE on The Way the Cookie Crumbles

13 comments:

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

These look delicious. I hope I catch up and make these for the first time. I love minis and these are really neat ones.

Bella Baker said...

OMG these look absolutely incredible!!! I just love mini cheesecakes - the perfect serving size! I absolutely MUST try these!! YUM!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

I missed this in my travels through Dorie's book, but I think I have to try it. My brother's two favourites are cheesecake and apple pie and this sounds like the perfect combination. Yours looks fantastic and I bet your dinner guests were thrilled!
:)

Flourchild said...

I must make this one soon! Great choice!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

They're so adorable. I'm definitely making these soon! :)

Hindy said...

Gorgeous! Even though Apple is in the title, I was still surprised to see those slices of apple in it. I've never made this one, but it might be on the holiday list.

Unknown said...

Your little cheesecake looks amazing! I was inspired by your P&Q post to make some of my own...let's just say they look very different, but I still loved them.

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Oh yum! I haven't made this one yet and it looks fantastic!! Glad you were able to do the rewind with this recipe!

Jenny said...

How long did you bake these for? and how many did you get? They are sooo cute ;)

TeaLady said...

How did I miss these?? I went through and listed all the recipes I missed. Cheesecake AND apple pie. Heavenly!!!

Love the minis.

Eliana said...

Hmmmm - love the combo of flavors here. These look super delish!

Di said...

I love your minis! This was the first recipe I made for TWD, and I actually made the whole 10" thing. I really should revisit it one of these days. Mmm.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

And there is apple in it which makes this dessert iber healthy too. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Mary Ann. There is so much to be thankful for.