Monday, November 1, 2010

Red Lentil and Squash Curry Soup

Red Lentils are a favorite food of mine. A good friend introduced me to them in a delicious soup many years ago. I have been buying them ever since and always love finding new recipes that feature them. They pair beautifully with curry powder.
I love butternut squash too, so I usually find a large one, peel and cut it into cubes and then roast it. I always have enough cooked butternut squash for a couple recipes each week when I do this.
That is what happened with this soup- I already had roasted squash in the fridge, so I just threw it in the soup to warm up, a few minutes before serving.

This was a delicious soup. A lovely combination of squash and lentils.

Recipe for Red Lentil and Squash Curry Soup from Martha Stewart
*I used 1 Tbls of olive oil instead of butter
* I roasted my squash instead of cooking it in the soup and added it a few minutes before serving
* If you don't want to make your own curry powder, you could probably just use normal curry powder and season the soup to your own taste.

2 comments:

Eliana said...

This has delicious and comfort written all over it.

Unknown said...

Oh this is quite lovely