Friday, November 5, 2010

Pumpkin Cupcakes

Ok- Let's talk about the best pumpkin cupcake out there.
Because this is it.

I'm sure that I saw this cupcake last year or the year before that even, but I never paid it too much attention until I saw it recently on Tracey's blog. Tracey mentioned a post that Bridget did where she compared different pumpkin cupcake recipes and this one was her clear winner.

I was in a cupcake mood and already making a small amount of Snickerdoodle cupcakes, so I figured why not make these pumpkin cupcakes too. Then there would be more options for people to choose from when I offer them a cupcake.
For some reason it seems easier to me, to bake more than one thing at a time. It sounds crazy, but it works for me. I tend to plan at least a couple things each time I bake. Just for the fun of it. This time it was 2 cupcakes and 2 frostings.

This pumpkin cupcake is light, but has really great pumpkin flavor. Very nice taste and texture. I can't even describe it properly. It is just perfect.
I like to frost my cupcakes with pretty frosting, but I can't stomach that much frosting on a cupcake when I actually eat it. That being said, I thought this cream cheese frosting was a pretty great match for the pumpkin cupcakes. I can't say that the maple flavor was too noticeable in the frosting.

I also used some of the Seven-Minute frosting I had leftover from the Snickerdoodle cupcakes (I made that frosting first) to frost some of the pumpkin cupcakes. That was a really great combination. These cupcakes would taste great just dusted with some powdered sugar too.

Recipe for Pumpkin Cupcakes

10 comments:

Katie said...

Ohh yum they look delicious. I love the flavour of pumpkin and that frosting looks so smooth and creamy. Nothing like a bit of baking therapy

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

This looks like a pumpkin latte in a cup... Yum!
~Another friday's favorite for sure~ come join the linky party :-)

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed them Mary Ann! Yours turned out perfectly :) I definitely need to make these again before pumpkin season is over.

Unknown said...

Oh yum, they are so pretty too - nice job

Holly said...

These cupcakes look delish!!

Eliana said...

Your cupcakes look absolutely perfect :)

Jenn said...

These look delicious! I want to lick my monitor! :D

Diana's Cocina said...

How perfect! Wish I had one right about now.

Jacqueline said...

Then I had better make it. It looks and sounds wonderful. I love pumpkin in anything, just not plain old pumpkin pie. Your cupcake cups are way too cute! I am printing it off now.

Aggie said...

these are beautiful!! I want one!