Sunday, November 21, 2010

Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes

Do you love pumpkin pie?
I do. I know it is dense, but I love it.

A couple of weeks ago I was making some desserts for a fall dinner and wanted a pumpkin pie type dessert, but in smaller form, without the crust.

After searching on the net, I ran across this recipe and decided it would be the perfect thing.
Pumpkin pie in a cupcake.

There is a bit of flour in the batter and that somehow makes a sort-of crust around the outside, while the inside is pretty similar to the filling of a pumpkin pie.

I made these the day before and kept them in the fridge overnight.
I topped them with a dollop of lightly sweetened whipped cream and they were ready to go!

I think these cupcakes are a great way to practice portion control over the holidays without giving up the traditional flavor and texture of a classic dessert.


Recipe for Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes


11 comments:

Julie said...

There's no way I'd be practicing portion control, I'd just be reaching for more!

Tessa said...

This is such a great idea! Especially so if you are a little scared of pie crust like I am =) Thanks for the ideas!

Laura Dawn said...

Oh Man, I want to eat these so bad! I want to eat everything on your blog. Can you please live by me again????

The College Baker said...

I just came across your blog, and I absolutely love your design (also, I was hooked when I saw these cupcakes). What a great idea to change up the pumpkin pie normality :)

Shelby said...

This is just the perfect picture and I'm sure tasted amazing!

Cindy said...

Thanks for the recipe. This pumpkin cupcake looks so yummy and easy to share! I will make it soon.

Cookie baker Lynn said...

Pumpkin pie + cupcake = love!

Cathy said...

These cupcakes look soooo amazing!

Carrie DIckson said...

I made a healthy version of these (low-carb, no sugar, grain-free), and they turned out wonderfully. Thank you for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

How!? Can u post ur recipe?!

Kate said...

I made these for family and they were a HUGE hit!! :)