Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pumpkin Chiffon Cake

Here is a quick idea for a light dessert that would be perfect for your Thanksgiving celebration.
I saw this Pumpkin Chiffon Cake in Everyday with Rachael Ray Magazine
and since I had 10 egg whites in my freezer and also because I had been wanting to try a airy/light type of pumpkin cake, I made it right away.

This cake is easy to make- you simply whisk everything except the egg whites together in a large bowl. Then you whip the egg whites, like you would for angel food cake and fold them into the batter. I baked this cake in my angel food cake pan, which has special ridges for the resting upside down part.

We could hardly wait for the cake to rest, but once it had and we sprinkled it with powdered sugar- it was as good as gone.

Delightfully light and airy, but still full of pumpkin flavor and spices.
This is one I will make again and again. It was wonderful.


Recipe for Pumpkin Chiffon Cake

6 comments:

Eliana said...

Looks so light and delicious and like the perfect finish for Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

Love the texture, very nice

Audrey and the Boys said...

This cake looks so delicious! I wish I were nearby and could eat some of your delicious thanksgiving entrees. I am making the pumpkin pie cake this year. Thanks for always having that recipe on hand for me!

Kerstin said...

Mm, this looks so light and lovely!

Unknown said...

i love pumpkin, *sigh*

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

That is such a great dessert. I love anything with pumpkin.