Sunday, August 1, 2010

Spicy Sesame Eggplant

I love eggplant.
When I was up visiting my sister a couple weeks ago in DC, she made the most delicious stir-fry where she roasted the eggplant before mixing it with the other vegetables.
The marinade she used on the eggplant was so delicious.
I was hoping I could recreate it somehow.

I found a couple of beautiful baby eggplants recently and wanted to roast them. I found a recipe that was pretty close to the marinade- I just added a couple Tbls of soy sauce.

The eggplant is good enough to eat right off the baking sheet, but I did make sure that some of it ended up on top of quinoa, where is was joined by some blanched broccoli.
I didn't have any sesame seeds, so those were left off, but this was still very tasty.



Recipe for Spicy Sesame Eggplant
*I added a couple Tbls of soy sauce
* I reduced the amount of chili paste by a bit to make this ok for my kids

3 comments:

Eliana said...

I love how eggplant soaks up the flavor of whatever it is cooked in. This method sounds fabulous.

Karla said...

Looks yummy! My dad planted some eggplant plants in his garden just for me, as he doesn't care for them. You can bet that I will be trying to convert him over to the 'purple' side! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I have been making eggplant more and more. I was ready to give up on it until I made some, I loved. This looks like another, I would love.