Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Oatmeal Pancakes

I have been wanting to try these pancakes ever since I saw them on smitten kitchen
back in May.
I finally got around to it a couple of weeks ago and they were fantastic!
I love making pancakes, muffins & waffles with whole grains and the fact that these have a double dose of oatmeal in them made me very happy.
You grind up some oats in the food processor to make oat flour and also use cooked oatmeal in the batter.
I used skim milk because that is what I usually have on hand unless I am making pastry cream or ice cream.

My kids loved these. I like having leftover pancakes and waffles, so that I can freeze them for another day. This time they were all eaten. Some at breakfast and some for snacks later in the day.
They really had great texture and flavor. Winners!

Recipe for Oatmeal Pancakes
* I used skim milk





5 comments:

Eliana said...

These look simply perfect. I'm going to have to make a batch of these for breakfast tomorrow :)

Katie said...

These look fab. I would love to have these for breakfast

Marie Rayner said...

Excellent! Oats are so good for you too. This is a fabulous way to get more of them into the diet! xxoo

Kasha said...

Healthy and delicious! Thanks !

Jamie said...

I love this idea of making pancakes. A great way to make "better for you" pancakes without giving up the flavor. I just checked out the recipe and bookmarked it. Thanks for sharing another great recipe.