Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Blueberry-Lemon Bundt Cake

This is a horrible picture of a wonderfully delicious cake that got rave reviews.
My mother-in-law asked me to make a couple of treats for her work party that could be made ahead of time. I was thinking summer flavors and this blueberry lemon combination won over all the other ideas.
I made it the night before, glazed it, and then she kept it covered until the next night.
Bundt cakes usually do well when they sit overnight, so I took my chances and it worked with this cake.

I only had 1/2 cup of sour cream in my fridge, so I used 1/2 cup of low-fat buttermilk to make the full cup of dairy for this cake.
I also used a glaze of fresh lemon juice and powdered sugar that was shown when this cake was made in the video included with the recipe.
I also used more lemon zest than it called for because sometimes I get carried away with my zesting.

I wish I would have gotten a better picture of this cake since it was such a hit.
Everyone requested the recipe- I wish I could have tried a slice!


Recipe for Blueberry-Lemon Bundt Cake
* I used 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk for 1/2 cup of the sour cream



Don't forget to enter the giveaway I posted yesterday!

7 comments:

Tessa said...

I was looking for blueberry recipes this past weekend. Wish I would have found this one as this looks great!

Unknown said...

I wish I could have had a slice too!

My name is Michelle. said...

I was looking for blueberry cake recipes last night. I ended up doing a butter cake with blueberries, but this looks great.

Katie said...

There's nothing wrong with that picture - its got me drooling! Looks fab and so freshy and zesty - yum

Eliana said...

What are you talking about girl? I can definitely see through this picture that this is one mighty tastey cake.

Kerstin said...

Mmm, I can see why it was a hit - it looks SO good! Blueberry and lemon are just such the perfect summer combo.

The Food Librarian said...

Lovely! You know me...love the bundt! :) Looks great! - mary