Friday, July 30, 2010

Swordfish Kebabs with Orange Basil Sauce

When I saw this recipe in a recent issue of Cooking Light, it caught my eye for a couple of reasons. The first being that it was a 5 ingredient recipe. That meant it would be easy to prepare and I could probably throw it together with things I had on hand.

The second reason it appealed to me was because it called for 2 cups of basil leaves and I had at least that amount of basil growing like mad outside my front door. I wanted to get the most out of my herbs that I planted, so I decided to make this for dinner.

I found some swordfish for a great price and even checked Seafood Watch to make sure that is was an okay choice since I know there are concerns about certain fish, the way the are caught, the supply, etc.
For my area, swordfish is an "good alternative". If swordfish is not a good choice for your area or you can't find it- you can sub any other firm white fish.

I really liked this sauce. I liked the fact that it didn't contain much oil, so it was lighter than pesto and the orange gave it a nice kick of flavor.
I grilled these on my indoor grill and my kids really love eating them.

Recipe for Swordfish Kebabs with Orange Basil Sauce

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Just lovely

Eliana said...

I love all things basil so this sauce is perfect for me. Thanks so much for sharing.

Jane @ Sweet Basil Kitchen said...

My friend just gave me a huge sack of fresh basil. This gives me a yummy idea!