Saturday, July 17, 2010

Roasted Shrimp with Lemon, Garlic, & Parsley

This is another dish that we had for our Father's Day dinner that I made because I knew my kids and husband would love it. I used the same basic recipe for roasting the shrimp that I used a few months ago. I just added some different flavors this time around.

My friend that was visiting with us doesn't like shrimp, but she was intrigued by the fact that I roasted the shrimp, so she decided to try one. She loved it! She said it was the best shrimp and that roasting it completely changes the texture and makes it firm and delicious.

We also made this when we went to DC for our visit and it was loved by my sister and her family as well.

Roasted Shrimp with Lemon, Garlic and Parsley- technique from Ina Garten

1-2 pds shrimp with tails, peeled and deveined (thawed if frozen)
1-2 Tbls olive oil
juice of 1/2-1 lemon (or more)
1-2 garlic clove, minced
salt
pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Place the shrimp on a sheet pan. Drizzle them with olive oil and lemon juice. Add the minced garlic, chopped parsley, and season with salt & pepper. Toss together with your fingers and arrange the shrimp in a single layer.

Roast for 8 to 10 minutes, just until pink and firm and cooked through.

Serve immediately, with lemon wedges.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks so simple and delicious

Jaime and Jen DISH said...

Love how simple yet how much flavor I know this dish has. I'll have to try this and eat it with some white rice!

Shelby said...

I am sure I would love this because I LOVE shrimp :)

Fay said...

This looks scrumptious!!