Sunday, February 1, 2009

Gingerbread Waffles with Lemon Syrup and Lemon Whipped Cream

A couple of months ago, I was in a small pizza cooking contest. A couple of days after the contest, I saw a comment on someone's blog and recognized the lovely lady in the picture. I went and checked out her blog, Real Mom Kitchen.
Laura featured these super delicious waffles, which she found on Rookie Cookie .
I really like making special breakfasts. I guess it is fun to get away with eating something sweet and tasty in the morning. I replaced half the butter in the waffles with unsweetened applesauce, and served them with just a touch of the whipped cream, I guess to make them seem a little better for you.
Gingerbread and Lemon- what a tasty combination! Check out the links below or the link to Rookie Cookie, above, for the recipes.

Gingerbread Waffles with Lemon Whipped Cream



Up Next- a Fun Lunch for Kids

8 comments:

Steph said...

I wish I had a waffle maker or a nonstick pan at least to make them into pancakes! The ginger flavour sounds delicious!

The Food Librarian said...

Super yum! These look delicious. I love waffles but don't have a waffle maker.

Maria said...

The waffles look fantastic!! They are a great breakfast treat on weekends!

Sophie said...

Gingerbread and lemon! So unique, I like how you substituted the butter with applesauce, I didn't know it could be done--they look delicious!

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at a recipe for gingerbread pancakes this morning. I love making all sorts of pancakes and waffles.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

These look amazing: Gingerbread? Waffles? Lemon? Yes, please!! And I'm all in favor of healthful substitutions.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I will definitely have to give this a try! I love waffles, but never would have thought of the gingerbread/lemon combination. I made a lemon cream cheese topping for Belgian waffles a couple of weeks ago. Nothing fancy, but check it out if you get a chance - http://theeclecticconnoisseur.wordpress.com/2009/01/28/a-weekend-of-feasting/.

Pamela said...

YUM!