Thursday, February 12, 2009

Craving Ellie-Sesame-Teriyaki Tofu

This week's Craving Ellie recipe was chosen by Jessica, over at Johnstone's Vin Blanc. She chose Sesame-Teriyaki Chicken Thighs. I had every intention of using this teriyaki marinade on chicken, but time got the best of me and I had a block of extra-firm tofu that was in the fridge, so I decided to cut up the tofu and marinate that instead. I cut the tofu into triangles and let it marinate for a couple of hours in the fridge and then I broiled it for 10-15 minutes to let it get nice and crisp.
The marinade was really delicious. I served the tofu alongside some brown rice and broccoli and I gave my kids a choice (I usually do not do this), but there was leftover pot roast, carrots and potatoes in the fridge, so I let my kids chose between the tofu, rice and broccoli and the pot roast leftovers. Much to my surprise, all three of them actually chose the tofu! It was really good. I ate the leftover tofu on top of a salad today. I will definitely make this marinade again. Go check out what the other Ellie's thought about this marinade and go to Jessica's blog for the recipe.

Come back tomorrow for Buttermilk Panna Cotta with Blackberries

11 comments:

Jessica said...

What a great idea to marinade and broil tofu! I will have to try this too! Glad you (and the kids!) enjoyed the dish.

Cathy said...

We LOVED LOVED LOVED this marinade too. How cool to try it on tofu!! And how wonderful that your kids enjoyed it, too!

Maria said...

We are on the same page! I posted tofu today too!! I can't wait to try this marinade!

What's for Supper? said...

I have never eaten tofu. I should really try it. The marinade was very tasty!

Pamela said...

I'm impressed that the kids chose the tofu. They are full of surprises, aren't they? We will definitely be using this marinade quite often.

Steph said...

Looks great! I love tofu.. never can get enough of it.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

I continue to be impressed with your kids' broad palates. Glad you all liked this one.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

You're the 2nd one to use tofu. I'll try that but unfortunately, if my husband thinks there's a hint of tofu in his dinner - he's out the door. It's the chicken recipe for us tonight.

Anonymous said...

I think this would be a great marinade to try tofu with. The fact that your kids ate it too makes me very envious. I couldn't even get my kids to try the thighs.

Jennifer said...

I thought the marinade was great! I will definitely be looking for other things to cook with the marinade. I am so impressed that kids chose the tofu!!

Anonymous said...

yum! that looks so good!