Thursday, February 19, 2009

Craving Ellie- Nutty Granola

Here is another short and sweet post. Sweet like maple syrup, which happens to be a main ingredient in this granola.
This week's Craving Ellie recipe, Nutty Granola, was chosen by Leslie over at Lethally Delicious. This recipe was very easy and only contains a small number of ingredients. You can find the recipe over at Leslie's blog. We really liked the granola. It kind of reminded me of the Maple-Pecan Peach Granola I made last year. Next time I will probably double the recipe because these types of things never last very long at my house.
I used a combination of pecans, sliced almonds, and hazelnuts in my granola and I am pretty sure you could use any combination of nuts with the results being really good.
To see what the other Ellie's thought, check out the Craving Ellie Blogroll!

Coming Tomorrow- Celebrating my Blogiversary with The Cake Slice- Southern Coconut Cake

8 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

I love granola! Yum!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you - doubling the recipe is a must. It was too good.

Pamela said...

Looks great, Mare. It was my first time making granola and it got a bit over done. I'm still enjoying it, though! Great job.

Aggie said...

Love the granola Mary Ann! I changed up my nuts too...I love that you used hazlenuts! And yes...double recipe next time!

Anonymous said...

Your granola looks great. I like the idea of hazelnuts, and I also like the idea of adding peaches from your other granola. Yum!

Cathy said...

We loved this too! I am most definitely going to double (triple?) this next time. We attacked this stuff so fast and hardly left any crumbs. Yours looks great!

Maria said...

Homemade granola is the best! I love all of the nuts in this one!

What's for Supper? said...

Happy Anniversary! Your granola looks great. It was so tasty.