Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Baked Curry Sweet Potato Fries

I don't really like sweet potatoes that much. I love what sweet potatoes can do in baked goods, but I've never cared for them at Thanksgiving, especially when they are made even more sweet by adding sugar, marshmallows, etc. I don't mind an occasional baked sweet potato or sweet potatoes that are mixed in with other things, but I know that they are healthy choice, so I want to like them more.

I saw this recipe over at Joy the Baker and I knew that if anything could help me to like sweet potatoes more, it would be turning them into fries and using curry powder to flavor them.
I've used the egg white technique before in helping an item crisp up in the oven- on these Spiced Pecans, so there wasn't anything really too new in making these fries. I already know that roasting veggies in the best way to cook them, so I was pretty sure these fries were going to be spectacular.
And they were. I made them for lunch one day and they were so good. I love the flavors of the spices and the yogurt dip was the perfect thing to go with them.

My photo doesn't properly showcase how yummy these turned out, so make sure to go and look at the Joy's post and pictures.

Here is the recipe for Baked Curry Sweet Potato Fries from Joy the Baker
* I baked my fries at 425 degrees F

1 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I am a huge fan of the sweet potato and fries are my favourite way.