Sunday, August 10, 2008

Operation Baking Gals

My brother-in law, Russ, on the left

Hi there everybody-You might have seen this floating around the past week or so, and it is your turn to get involved in Operation Baking Gals . I am one of the 6 hosts for this month and we are going to be sending homemade goodies to my brother-in law, Russ.

Russ is a fun-loving father and a good old country boy, who grew up in a small town in Georgia. I was lucky enough to be roommates with his future wife, before I married his brother, so it was great to see them get married and have an adorable daughter, who Russ spoils with all his love and attention. He is one who can make anyone laugh and feel at home. His daughter misses him dearly, as does his wife. She said "Looking back, it was obvious that Russ would choose to be a soldier." He was always playing army games and wanted to attend military schools. He is a very high speed, dare devil type of guy. All those things plus a love of this country helped him in his decision to join the army. He is a dedicated, conscientious soldier. Aside from being a soldier in the army, he is also a devoted husband and father. Russ has one daughter, a four year old, that is his world.
Other than that, he is a normal guy, who likes hunting, fishing, basketball, and Georgia Football (GO DAWGS!)

If you are interested in joining me in sending some goodies to Russ and his troop, send me an email- mattymare33 (at) yahoo (dot) com. Please include your
Name:
Email:
Blog Name:
URL:
I will in turn send you an email with all the details.

The shipping this month will be a week long, beginning August 23 - 29th. So choose your day and get those goodies in the mail! The post office has flat rate boxes, in a variety of sizes. When you pick one up from the post office (the box is free), ask for a customs form. Also when you mail the box make sure they know it's for an APO, it's cheaper that way. Go here to learn how to pack your goodies up so they make it there in the best way possible.

Please, if you don't have a blog and would like to participate, send me an email and I will email you the address and other details. Thank you ahead of time for your participation!

1 comments:

Jenny said...

What a great idea! I'll see what I can come up with!