Saturday, March 13, 2010

Snickerdoodle Blondies

Snickerdoodles are something that I remember having a few times growing up, but they weren't my favorite cookie or anything.
Some people feel different about them.
I saw these on The Recipe Girl's site and she is definitely a fan of snickerdoodles. You should read her post, it is really cute.

I made these on a friday afternoon, for an afterschool snack, just because.
I made 1/2 of the recipe and baked them in my 8x8-inch pan.
I might have underbaked them a little bit, but I ended up putting them in the fridge to help them firm up a little bit and they were fine.

I used one of my biscuit cutters to make little round cookie bars, instead of squares because it just makes it a little bit more fun.

These were a great little treat that my kids really enjoyed and they tasted even better the next day.

It's been so long since I have had a snickerdoodle that I can't really remember the exact flavor, but I think these taste exactly like their name- a snickerdoodle-y blondie.

Recipe for Snickerdoodle Blondies

Recipe for Snickerdoodle Blondies with a few additions/add-ins

9 comments:

Eliana said...

What a fun recipe. These look wonderful Mary Ann.

Joanne said...

I am one of those passionate Snickerdoodle lovers. there's something about cinnamon and sugar that just does it for me. These look great!

Marie Rayner said...

Oh yum, those look fantastic Mary Ann! I love snickerdoodles and I am sure we would love these!

RecipeGirl said...

Shaped things are always cuter, aren't they? Glad you enjoyed them!

Katie said...

These look divine and I love how you have cut them into circles instead of squares. Delicious

Unknown said...

I love that you cut them into circles Mary Ann. It really does make them more fun :)

Chef Aimee said...

A great combination of the two greatest desserts! :)

Stacy said...

These look scrumptious!!!!!

Bella Baker said...

YUM! These looks amazing and I want to make them immediately!! Great photo!