Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins

The nearly rotten bananas strike again!
I had to use a couple of bananas after going out of town for the weekend and wanted to make a healthy muffin.
I searched online for a recipe and found this great one from Baking Bites.
It had a small amount of oil and combined peanut butter with banana.
Everything is better with peanut butter, in my opinion. I really liked that they had oatmeal in them too- it meant they could be an option for breakfast.

I used low-fat buttermilk and we ate these warm out of the oven for breakfast. We didn't top them with anything.
They were really good. Nice flavor and texture.
I froze half of them because I knew my family was coming to visit and there are a few members of my fam who are obsessed with peanut butter. And a few who love muffins.

They are really great out of the freezer too!

Recipe for Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal Muffins from Baking Bites

2 comments:

Susan said...

Yum, we just made a batch of these. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I did make a few changes based on what I had on hand: I used old-fashioned oats, 1 cup of whole wheat for the flour and all natural peanut butter. Delicious flavor and a nice tender texture.

Katie said...

These sound yummy and full of tasty healthy ingredients. Great any time of day I should think.