Monday, March 15, 2010

MSC-Lemon Meringue Cupcakes

This month's MSC Cupcake- Lemon Meringue Cupcakes, was chosen by Megan over at My Baking Adventures.
I wanted to point out that the cupcake above is NOT Martha's recipe, but a recipe that I found in Everyday with Rachael Ray Magazine a couple of years ago, for Lemon Meringue Cupcakes.
I posted about these twice before- you can read more about them HERE.

I debated trying Martha's recipe too, since the RR one's were a complete hit- but I didn't have anywhere to take them or anyone to share them with and when I compared the recipes side by side- they were almost identical.
So, I guess in a way I am cheating, because I didn't really make this month's cupcake, but I thought these were close enough that they could count.

The version I did make were so delicious and quite a hit with all those who tasted them. I don't often repeat dessert recipes, but these were so good that I have made them more than once.

Check out the MSC Blogroll to see everyone else's results!

Recipe for Lemon Meringue Cupcakes in Everyday with Rachael Ray Magazine

Martha's Recipe for Lemon Meringue Cupcakes

16 comments:

Meghan said...

For some reason I don't remember seeing these on your blog -they are so cute! My husband has been begging me to make a lemon meringue pie; I bet he would LOVE these!

(By the way, the bottom link that says it's the recipe for Rachael Ray Magazine actually links to Martha Stewart.)

Unknown said...

These look so delicious and it's only 9 am!!! I erally should start looking at blogs later in the day

Soy*Baby said...

They look great and if you wouldn't of said anything I would have never known. They are super cute.

Hindy said...

Spring seems to be the season for lemon treats whatever the recipe. Beautifully done!

Eliana said...

Thanks for sharing this one. I am always down for a new lemon-themed recipe.

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed Martha's recipe but maybe I'll try Rachel's just for the sake of comparison :) Did you make minis? They look super cute! Lemon curd is so ridiculously delicious!

TeaLady said...

Those are adorable. Little puffs of meringue.

mike said...

You can tell by the color and the slight texture variation that these are not Martha cupcakes. :) You'd never know - but they're beautiful! These were by far my favorite lemon cake/cupcakes. That plus the lemon curd.... ! Beautifully done!

Dave said...

Oh they look so much more moist and lemony than mine! note to self: must try the RR recipe as well.

Jennifer said...

These are so cute!

Maria said...

Very cute cuppy cakes!

Janine said...

Cute! I'm going to try RR's recipe, because I didn't LOVE the cake part - but I did LOVE LOVE LOVE the rest.

AmyRuth said...

Very pretty in a froofy kind of way. They just look kinda sasssy. I love lemon too so I bet all those lemon lovers out there are clapping. Perfecto!
AmyRuth

Anonymous said...

Oh, my. They look so cute. I really need to make these.

Unknown said...

How adorable. I'll have to try RR's version too!

Kayte said...

These look wonderful, need to try this recipe as well. I just got around to posting the MSC ones, to die for, at least here. Happy that others were around to eat them! I looked for a way to email you as I have a question. Can you email me at kbgerth@aol.com? Thanks!