Tuesday, December 16, 2008

TWD- Buttery Jam Cookies



This week's recipe was chosen by Heather of Randomosity and the Girl. Visit her blog for the recipe or turn to page 80 of Dorie's wonderful cookbook. I stayed true to the recipe on this one, using thick apricot jam that we made this summer and ground ginger. I made these a little smaller than Dorie suggested, because I was taking them to a get-together and I got about 80 of them. These were really simple and very good. Nothing special to look at, but they did have a little bite to them, thanks to the ginger. These would be a great addition to a holiday goodie plate. Check out the TWD Blogroll to see what the other bakers did with this cookie!


Coming Tomorrow- My take on Cowboy Caviar, in WonTon Cups

19 comments:

Shelby said...

I agree! Simple and tasty.

Aggie said...

They look so cute - bite sized! Does that mean I can eat more?? :)

Prudy said...

I didn't like mine so well. I'm glad to hear that someone else did though! Good idea to make them bite sized.

Sarah said...

oh my goodness...your cookies must have been tiny if you got 80. i only got 20 and though my cookies were average sized. great job!

What's for Supper? said...

Wow....80 of them? Yours look very nice.

chocolatechic said...

These were so great.

I fiddled with them a bit to pull some more flavor out of them.

Maria said...

They look good to me! Another great Dorie recipe!

Engineer Baker said...

Simple and tasty is a good way to go, and I loved how little they were. But 80 - wow!

Cathy said...

I think ginger sounds like a great addition. Mine seemed to need a little extra something. But I agree that bite-sized was the way to go!! I'm glad that you enjoyed them, Mare!

Kasey said...

I love to come to this site just to see all the yummy things you bake! I love to bake pies

kimberly salem said...

wow, 80!! i only got 24;) hehe. obviously i made mine big. glad you enjoyed them, they look so good!!

The Blonde Duck said...

Cowboy caviar? I'm curious!

Tammy said...

cute as little buttons. I am pleased you liked them - they werent my thing

La Bella Cooks said...

These look perfect and would be a great addition to a hot cup of tea. They look so tasty!

Debbie said...

Your cookies look fabulous. I thought they were really great. I appreciated that they weren't overly sweet. Next time I will try the bite size ones.

Pamela said...

80 cookies! What a great haul for the party you went to! Great job.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

cute! i bet everyone enjoyed them!

Marie Rayner said...

Your little cookies look just perfect!! My mama always said the best things in life came in small packages. Your cookies are proof that she was right!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

We thought these were great also - and they were real crowd pleasers. I'll bet they tasted fantastic with the apricot jam - homemade no less!!!
Nancy