Friday, December 12, 2008

Late Start Breakfast- Gingersnap Pancakes

I saw a recipe in the latest issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray that featured gingersnap pancakes, but filled them with espresso cream and covered them with chocolate ganache. It was a cute idea, but I thought that the pancakes themselves would be really good. So, I just used the pancake recipe and switched a couple of things and served them with raspberries and pure maple syrup. They were yummy.
Be sure to watch them and not cook them too long, because it will turn the texture into something chewy and un-pancake like, fast. They only need to cook for about a minute or less.

Gingersnap Pancakes adapted from Everyday with Rachael Ray
10 gingersnap cookies
1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup skim milk
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 Tbls unsalted butter

1. Using a blender or food processor, grind the cookies at high speed. Add the flour, milk, eggs, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; blend until smooth. In a small saucepan or the microwave, melt 3 tablespoons butter over low heat. Add to the batter; blend at medium speed until combined
.2. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Pour batter into circles 2-3 inches in diameter. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, about 30 seconds. Flip and cook until springy to the touch, 20 seconds; transfer to a plate.
Serve with raspberries and pure maple syrup.


Up next- Dorie's White Chocolate Brownies

7 comments:

Cathy said...

These look wonderful! I have a new thing for seasonally-themed pancakes after falling in love with pumpkin pancakes this fall. Your gingersnap pancakes look great! I can't wait to try them.

Prudy said...

I've got a gingerbread pancake that I love too-and you are right, way better with maple and berries. Who needs chocolate ginger pancakes in the morning?! Gorgeous pics!

Melissa said...

Gingersnap pancakes? That sounds really awesome! I love making fun breakfast foods, I'll have to try this.

Alexa said...

Mary Ann,
Can I come over for breakfast? I am feeling better... These pancakes are so fun-- a great change.

Pamela said...

NO! These look too good. I want some and happen to have gingersnaps in the house. Very dangerous combo!

~~louise~~ said...

They look wonderful Mary Ann. I may not be able to feast on them now but, do you mind if I borrow the link? Today is Gingerbread House Day and these Gingersnap Pancakes are such a comfy bonus!
Thanks so much for sharing...

Carlia said...

your pictures always look so perfect! p.s. A lady might be contacting you about Cutco cutlery. she wanted some referrals, so i gave her your name since you cook every single day, and probably use knives quite a bit. Anyway, she's very low key and there's no pressure AT ALL! I didn't buy anything, but it is top of the line quality, and i would if i could.