Saturday, April 12, 2008

Edamame Hummus



We love Edamame at our house, so when I saw this dip, I knew I had to try it. I am so glad we did. It is a terrific twist on Hummus-so delicious!

Edamame Hummus with Pita Crisps (from Cooking Light)
6 (6-inch) pitas, split in half horizontally
1 1/2 cups frozen blanched shelled edamame (green soybeans)
4 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
3 tablespoons tahini (sesame-seed paste)
3 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon paprika


Preheat oven to 350°.
Arrange pita halves in a single layer on oven rack. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until crisp, and cool completely on a wire rack. Break each pita half into about 6 chips.


Prepare edamame according to package directions, omitting salt. Place 1 tablespoon oil, salt, cumin, coriander, and garlic in a food processor, and pulse 2 to 3 times or until coarsely chopped. Add the edamame, parsley, tahini, water, and juice; process 1 minute or until smooth. Spoon the hummus into a serving bowl. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil, and sprinkle with paprika.

Serve with pita crisps.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

This sounds delicious! I love hummus and edamame. Together sounds great...I just made an edamole...a guacamole with edamame instead of avacado that was great. I will be trying this recipe though soon!

Audrey and the Boys said...

I'll have to try this one too! Edamame and Hummus are our two family favorites!

eatme_delicious said...

I love edamame! I've been really wanting to try edamame hummus. Looks great.