Monday, May 7, 2012

What I Ate Yesterday (Thursday April 19th)

  I originally planned to post this a couple of weeks ago, but kind of forgot about it.  I got an email from a reader who was wondering if I would post the types of things I am eating these days.  One morning I woke up and decided to take a picture of everything I ate that day.  Let me just say that this happened to be a really good day for me and I stuck to my goals of eating healthy.  I also wanted to add that I don't usually drink chocolate milk or have it in the house, but my 5-year old really wanted to try TruMoo and so I bought a half gallon of it when we went grocery shopping.  I've read things about it being a good post run snack, so I decided to give it a try.



Breakfast-  Oatmeal- 1/2 cup rolled oats (made with 1 cup water), 1/2 cup original almond milk, a handful of frozen berries

   Mid-Morning Snack- reduced fat cheese stick, 1/3 cup sugar snap peas, 1 mandarin orange, 10 almonds

Lunch- 1 small LaTortilla Whole Wheat tortilla with sauteed (already cooked) sweet potato, swiss chard, zucchini, black beans and a sprinkle of feta cheese, broiled

 Afternoon snack- handful of cherry tomatoes

 Post workout snack- 8 oz TruMoo Chocolate milk

Dinner- Veggie and Chicken Frittata (similar to this Frittata) - I had leftover steamed green beans & cooked chicken, so I quickly sauteed asparagus, spinach and zucchini, put  all of that on the bottom of a 9*13-inch pan, then whisked 8 eggs together, seasoned with a little salt and pepper, poured it over topped and sprinkled very lightly with crumbled feta cheese
  Roasted Cauliflower (I used olive oil cooking spray and 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil) on the side

Exercise- Ran 4.5 miles at 5k pace
           30 minute Pilates video
2 mile walk with kids after school




0 comments: