Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A few quick Meal Ideas


Mini Meatball Pita Pizzas-  I made extra mini meatballs when I made Homemade Spaghetti-O's and Meatballs and put them in the freezer for a later date.   A couple of weeks later I quickly sauteed them with a little chicken stock and turned them into mini pizzas.  We used whole wheat pitas as the crust and dinner was ready in no time at all.

Pepper-Cheese Muffin from Weight Watchers Magazine
Heat skillet sprayed with nonstick spray. Add 2 slices Canadian Bacon; cook 1 minute per side.  Top 1/2 toasted English Muffin (I used 1/2 of a Vitabuns since I had them in the freezer, usually I have the Ezekiel variety) with bacon, 1/3 cup low-fat cottage cheese and 1 sliced pepperoncini.  1 slice cantaloupe on the side




Hummus Chicken Salad-1/2 cup chopped chicken, 2  chopped radishes, 1 stalk celery-chopped, 2/3 cup chopped cucumber, mixed with 1 1/2 Tablespoons hummus, on top of 1 1/2 cups spinach, 1 1/2 cups romaine w/ 8 cherry tomatoes


Sweet Potato, Cauliflower, Turkey Bowl (idea from Clean Eating Magazine)
  I combined 2/3 cup leftover ground turkey breast/ pinto bean mixture, with 1 cup cooked sweet potato, 1 cup steamed cauliflower, 2 Tbls chopped cilantro, and 2 Tablespoons salsa.

0 comments: