1 cup cornmeal
2 tsp sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup hot milk
1 Tbls butter, for greasing skillet
1. Pour all the dry ingredients-flour, cornmeal, and sugar into a bowl.
2. Stir in the egg and milk. Do not overmix- the batter should be lumpy.
3. Heat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat until hot and then grease it with
4. Drop spoonfuls of the batter onto the griddle. The cakes should be about the size of
a half dollar (mine were bigger)
5. Flip each cake with a spatula when the edges start to brown. Cook until both sides are golden brown.