Saturday, October 9, 2010

Southwestern Pumpkin Patties

One of my favorite things about fall is canned pumpkin. I opened a large can of pumpkin a couple weeks ago and starting making some great pumpkin recipes.
I wanted to make something savory and I found this recipe for Southwestern Pumpkin Burgers over at Eating Well. I changed the name to patties because it didn't seem right to call them burgers.

I happened to have one cob of fresh corn left in the fridge, so I used that. I kinda eyeballed the amounts of onion, corn, red bell pepper, etc. and I ended up having to use more pumpkin puree than the recipe originally called for to make the patties hold together.
I found these fun looking Flatout FOLDits and so we used them to hold our patties and toppings.

These were pretty good. The flavor was very similar to a savory sweet potato recipe, if you are looking for some sort of comparison.

This was a fun way to use pumpkin.

Recipe for Southwestern Pumpkin Patties
* I used panko instead of bread crumbs
* I used Flatout FOLDit Artisan Flatbread because it looked fun and different

4 comments:

Lisa said...

That is an interesting burger. You make the coolest, yummiest looking things. Thanks for your hard work. I, for one, love seeing everything you've done! Lisa

Rachel (Two Healthy Plates) said...

Oh man, I've got to try these! I love finding unique veggie "burger" (I agree with calling it a patty!)recipes! Yum!

Laura Dawn said...

This looks so good!

Aggie said...

wow! what a twist on the typical burger, these look awesome. What a great meatless recipe!