Thursday, October 7, 2010

Roasted Salmon Nicoise Platter


I don't watch much tv, but for some reason one day, I happened to see The Barefoot Contessa prepare this dish.
Originally, I was just going to use the recipe for the salmon since we love fish and eat it all the time, but then I saw some cool looking purple potatoes at the store and decided I would go ahead and do the whole platter.
When Ina made this dish she was preparing for 12 people, so I only prepared 1/3 of the recipe.

I found fresh wild sockeye salmon at the fish counter and was really excited about it. The salmon was amazing! Best salmon I have tasted. It was soo good.
I reduced the oil in the marinade and the vinaigrette because I always do that when I make a vinaigrette or marinade and I don't feel that it takes away from the overall results.

My kids really liked this meal. I served it on the platter and everyone was able to take what they wanted using a pair of tongs. 1 of my kids didn't appreciate the watercress because it was "spicy".
This was a hit. Very delicious.

Recipe for Roasted Salmon Nicoise Platter
*I omitted the green olives
* I reduced the amount of oil in the vinaigrette and marinade
* I used red wine vinegar in the vinaigrette because I had it on hand


6 comments:

Eliana said...

Looks gorgeous Mary. I especially love the purple potatoes (that's what they are right)

Jamie said...

Salmon is one of my favorite fish. I love the family style of this platter. And I love the purple potatoes, never had those type before.

Jaime and Jen DISH said...

What a beautiful dish. I don't think I ever tried purple potatoes before, will have to now! Thanks for sharing.

Jenifer

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I have made Ina's dish before Mary Ann and it was outstanding!!You can never go wrong with the Barefoot Contessa.

diana said...

This kind of dish is such a treat, it gives you everything you need, with a real variety of flavors, and always makes me feel a little bit European!

Prudy said...

Oh my gosh-what a pic! Gorgeous!