Sunday, April 4, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes

Happy Easter!

I made these cupcakes recently because strawberries are in season and strawberry shortcake is such a fun way to enjoy strawberries for dessert.
My husband loves it and this just upped the fun factor by making it a cute cupcake.

My kids helped me mix the cupcakes up and stir together the strawberries.
I added some lemon zest to the strawberry mixture and it really just added a nice, extra zesty layer of flavor.

I think the cupcakes would have been a little dry on their own, but they were absolutely perfect for soaking up the strawberry juice.

Hubs and kids loved this dessert, which made it a winner for me too.
Plus, with such delicious strawberries right now, it makes this a quick and easy treat.

Recipe for Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes

5 comments:

Sook said...

Strawberries are my favorite! I will definitely have to try these cupcakes.

Bella Baker said...

These cupcakes look gorgeous!! I bet they were great! I love the photo. I love strawberry season! Happy Easter!

Pamela said...

These look awesome! Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to try these - they look so good! I'm a sucker for strawberries and whipped cream!

Natalie said...

Where did you find your cupcake holders for these?
ps..this is Katie Flynn's sister
qnthibfam@gmail.com